Pinterest

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Fresh Pappardelle Pasta with Mushrooms

I have been itching to make pappardelle pasta ever since I was able to get my pasta dough down to a science. It was that next step I wanted to take, getting away from the cutters that I used with my machine.


Ingredients:
3 tbsp. olive oil
6 tbsp. butter - divided
3 garlic cloves, diced
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 pack of Mushrooms (large portobello mushroom caps) - Thinly sliced
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
1/2 c. Italian flat leaf parsley
Dash of salt and freshly ground pepper
Dash of chili flakes


Instructions:

Fresh Pasta:
2.25 c. flour
3 eggs
1/4 c. olive oil

Let the dough stand for 30 minutes and run it through your pasta machine to flatten it out. I let these pasta sheets dry for about 15 minutes so I could roll them and cut them properly for the pappardelle.

Bring a pot of water to boil and drop in your pappardelle to cook for 3-4 minutes.

Mushroom mix:

Grab a skillet and coat the bottom with two turns of olive oil and 3 tbsp. of butter, drop in your mushrooms and garlic and sautee for 5 minutes. Drop in the parsley, salt, freshly ground pepper, chili flakes and incorporate.

Once your pappardelle is complete and drained, transfer the pasta to your skillet and being tossing the mushrooms and pasta together. Add in the remaining 3 tbsp. of butter to coat the pasta.



I made this dish in a rush, on Valentine's day for my family to test. Well my sister-in-law and I were the only ones who took a crack at it. There was tons of other food on the table (that my sweet Mama made) to stuff our faces with too. 

Hindsight: Slow down, this is a fabulously simple meal. Treat it with care. Add more butter, more olive oil, garlic, add some wine and more mushrooms and maybe some asparagus. I felt that the silky pappardelle didn't get the love it truly deserved from the sauce. In the ingredients, I added the appropriate measurements needed to truly complete the dish.

Trust me, I'll be back to love you a little more. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment