Pinterest

Friday, February 22, 2013

Fresh Pesto

Whenever I think of Pesto, I think of F.R.I.E.N.D.S and Pheobe saying, "Would you say your pesto is the best-o?" Awesome scene

So let's get back to basics, considering I never really started with the basics, hehe.

In another post you'll see that I made mushroom filled raviolis and they'll be topped with some pesto.

Ingredients:

2 c. basil
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1/4 c. pine nuts
1/2 c. olive oil, divided
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Instructions:

Using your food processor - add in the basil, garlic and pine nuts and blend together. Drizzle in 1/4 c. of olive oil and let the processor continue to incorporate and blend the pesto until smooth. This should take a maximum of 3 minutes to complete.

When you are done, scrape the pesto into a bowl or pyrex container, like I did and drizzle the remainder of the olive oil on top.

If you want to use your pesto immediately, pour the remainder of the olive oil and stir in parmesan cheese (1/2 c).

(Note: My pyrex container holds about 2 cups, so this recipe should yield about 1.5 cups).


No comments:

Post a Comment