Pinterest

Monday, February 18, 2013

Shrimp Scampi with Fresh Fettuccine

I had been watching Robert Irvine's Restaurant Impossible (and I'm slightly obsessed). I was really impressed with a simple and quick Shrimp Scampi that he created for an Italian restaurant. I figured, you know what, I want to make that. I did a little research on the recipe to refresh my memory. I didn't adopt anyones recipe but did a comparison of a few off the Food Network and just did my own thing.

It was a Saturday night and I decided to treat my parents to a quick dinner. I ran out an bought a little over a pound of fresh black tiger shrimp from my near by Korean grocery market. Luckily, they are cleaned and deveined already! Not so luckily, I still had to remove the shells and tails, sad face.


Ingredients:
1 lb. shrimp
1/4 c. lemon juice
1 tsp. chili flakes
4 garlic cloves, diced (less if you don't like garlic)
Dash of salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 c. parsley
1/2 stick unsalted butter
3 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 lb. linguine (half a packet, if using dried pasta. Fresh pasta, about two handfuls)

Instructions:

Add water to a pot to boil your linguine. Follow directions as instructed on packaging. If boiling fresh pasta, then you will only need about 3 minutes of cooking time after water has boiled.

In a large skillet, add olive oil and butter and melt butter. Add garlic and sautee for 2 mins. Once garlic is fragrant, add shrimp and season lightly with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Turn shrimp once sides begin turning pink to cook thoroughly.

Once shrimp is pink and cooked through on both sides (about 7-8 mins). Reduce heat to low and remove skillet from heat and add lemon juice, parsley, chili flakes and add cooked linguine and toss together. Let pasta heat up on low and serve in 2-3 minutes!


In hind sight, I needed more lemon juice, butter and white wine to deglaze the skillet and to give it more of a saucy feel. Don't you worry. I will do this again! Practice makes perfect. I'm so happy my Dad is a willing taste tester. Honest man that he is!

No comments:

Post a Comment