Pinterest

Friday, February 15, 2013

Turkey Bolognese with Fresh Whole Wheat Pasta

I invited my cousin and her boyfriend over for a dinner, and we were all on a "lifestyle change" diet and were being cautious with our food. Well, I'd be pretty surprised if each serving was about 350 calories. 

The whole wheat pasta was made fresh using whole wheat flour. The marinara sauce was made from scratch, using roma tomatoes, garlic, 1/2 cup of red wine, olive oil, garlic and onion. I made the turkey separately and combined with the marinara sauce. For the turkey, I used ground lean turkey, using a no-salt seasoning from Costco, dried oregano, chili flakes, celery, carrots, and freshly ground black pepper. Once the turkey was cooked through, I added it to my marinara sauce and let it simmer. I topped the whole wheat pasta with turkey bolognese, a heaping of freshly chopped basil, freshly grated parmesan-reggiano and a dash of chili flakes.



No comments:

Post a Comment