Pinterest

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Chocolate Avocado Mousse

If you need a quick dessert (heck! SNACK!) to whip up on short notice, this is your dessert er snack.

Ingredients:
4 avocados, ripe
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup agave syrup

Remove seed from avocado and toss each half into the food processor (I've tried it before in a blender and found it harder to scoop out the mousse and didn't receive a super smooth consistency), along with the cocoa powder and agave. . Blend until all avocado and cocoa powder is incorporated. Usually, I will let it spin for 2 mins, stop, use my rubber spatula to incorporate the mousse, and repeat twice until everything is incorporated.

I can't remember where I originally got this recipe from, but I did check out Giada De Laurentiis's recipe and felt that it was super rich, so I altered the recipe to be what I remembered previously.

Refrigerate for 20 mins. Serve in small bowls as this packs flavor!


No comments:

Post a Comment