Pinterest

Friday, March 22, 2013

Spinach, Tomato, Quinoa and Black Bean Salad

I wanted to share a salad that I have been having for the past two weeks. I know, obsessed much right? But it's such a light and delicious salad that is perfect for lunch, to take to work, or to have as a side for dinner. I have been making different variations of this salad, and mixing it up with dressings. But today, I am featuring the salad with a orange and tahini dressing (dressing adapted from Use Real Butter.)

Feel free to add any protein to this salad, I'm sure it would taste just as delicious!

Ingredients for salad:
Cooked and chilled quinoa
Spinach
Cherry tomatoes
Cooked and chilled Black beans

Ingredients for dressing:
1 orange, squeezed
3 tbsp. tahini
Fresh pepper, to your liking
1 tsp. lemon juice
*Whisk ingredients together and chill in the refrigerator until ready for use. I make a small batch and keep it in the fridge for the week.


I made this salad this morning, took all but 5 minutes to gather my ingredients, put it together and pack it in my bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment